Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Mommy"

The other night we were sharing with our life group about Katerina's temporary "freak out" after talking with her sister. I didn't realize until sharing it out loud that Katerina being rattled, rattled ME quite a bit too. Up until then there wasn't anything that could make her waver in her decision. Now that we know there IS something that could cause her to doubt, I'm feeling a bit paranoid and uneasy. This whole time we've known in the back of our minds that this baby is not officially ours until the papers are signed, but still I think we've been praying with the assumption that everything will work out. It has so far anyway. God's been clearing a path for us this entire time, so what's to worry about? As I shared with our life group through, I found myself saying, "It's time to start praying for God's will, not our own." If it's God's desire for Katerina to keep this child, then that's my desire too... as heartbreaking as that is to say. Now I'm simply praying that if Kat DOES change her mind, that she does it before we lay eyes on that sweet little baby.

After my brief and emotional paranoia, I got an email from Kat yesterday. It began, "Hi Mommy." Thank you Lord, for that gift. My heart and mind are at peace once more. :-)